Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Soap Box Derby

Here is my son with his team (and I use the term loosely) before the race. One kid decided that the ocean sounded more fun which left the team one man short. Travis (in the car) took an extra run for him.

They are getting ready to push Ian, Team Captain down for his first run. Alas, a wheel locked up (as did on many other cars) and he only made part way down. He had a make-up heat later.

Here comes my son neck and neck with the toilet car! This is gripping stuff!

In the end, the toilet car didn't have what it takes. My son and his teammates won all their heats! But it wasn't enough to win the day. They did, however, win the prize for the sportiest car! And thanks to Pizza Hut for donating such a yummy prize!

This photo was taken at the end of the day, AFTER my son had won his team's car in a drawing. He was not too happy with his teammates for sitting on the spoiler of HIS car! I have NO idea where we're going to put this thing!

No comments: