Monday, June 23, 2008

The NY Times linked to Moi! (and by the way, Tasha Tudor died)

You know how you google yourself ocassionally? Well, I hadn't in a while so thought I'd do it today. Imagine my surprise when I found that the NY Times has linked to my Women Children's Book Illustrator website in their obituary for Tasha Tudor.

Here's a picture of Tasha at her work table. With her passing last Wednesday, June 18, 2008, she was the last of the featured living illustrators to die. The others preceding her were Trina Schart Hyman (died November 19, 2004 at age 65), Barbara Cooney (March 10, 2000 at age 83), and Elizabeth Orton 'Twig' Jones (died May 10, 2005 at age 94). Of course, everyone else I've featured is also dead, but these four were living at the time I wrote their bios. I hope that doesn't say something about my writing!

No comments: